Robotics has the benefit of funding from a variety of sources. New funding opportunities are arising all the time. To help you and your business, we have tried to provide the latest information about funding programs.
- Scale Up 4 Growth (S4G) – S4G is a new programme offering grant funding and workshops to businesses in the West of England with ambitions to grow, expand and scale. £800,000 of funding is available with grants from £10,000 to £40,000 for businesses in the West of England that are looking to expand and scale. They can be used to fund 37.5% of growth projects or initiatives for businesses. Deadline for grant applications: Midday, Thursday 7 March 2019
For interested businesses the first step is to register on the S4G website:
- Innovate UK Announces Analysis for Innovators Funding Competition – Round 4
Funding is available for UK-based businesses to work with the best scientists and research facilities to resolve productivity and competitiveness issues. Analysis for Innovators (A4I) is a different type of programme from the usual Innovate IUK (IUK) grant funding competitions. It is focused on helping individual companies solve tricky and perhaps long running technical problems.
- The SABRE Programme
Businesses and entrepreneurs across the West of England will be given an opportunity to trial, adopt and develop robotics and smart automation solutions, thanks to a new £1 million initiative from the University of the West of England (UWE Bristol).
The SABRE Programme, based in the Bristol Robotics Laboratory (BRL), will help small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) from any sector to explore the benefits of these technologies, and to identify the most appropriate robotic equipment for their organisation.
All types of SME – from start-ups and sole traders, to more established companies – can access SABRE’s assistance, either through attending free workshops, or by applying to receive free or subsidised technical support.
- West of England AHSN Health Innovation programme
- Innovate UK GBIP -Fully funded visit to China 9-16 March – Focus on Agri Tec
- Digital Innovation Business Acceleration Hub
- UK Aerospace Research and Technology Programme: collaborative feasibility studies round 1
- South West Creative Technology Network’s Call For Automation Fellows
Open competition for Innovation Loans: Wales briefing
Innovate UK Announces Upcoming Open Programme Funding Competition – Round One
- Innovation loans: September 2018 open competition
South Gloucestershire Council
- 01/05/2018 – Young Guns 2018 Seeks to Reward Outstanding Young Businesspeople
- 02/05/2018 – UK Aerospace Research & Technology Programme – Expressions of Interest Invited
- 03/05/2018 – European Commission Announces Horizon Europe Research and Innovation Programme
- 15/05/2018 – Applications Open for 2019 EU-Japan Centre Nanotech Cluster Mission
- 21/05/2018 – IUK Launches Robotics and AI: Inspect, Maintain and Repair in Extreme Environments Competition
- 15/06/2018 – Royal Academy of Engineering Enterprise Hub Launches SME Leaders Programme
- 18/06/2018 – IUK Launches Competitions for Transforming Accountancy, Insurance and Legal Services with AI and Data
- 26/06/2018 – Developing new ideas for UK Aerospace: apply for funding
- 26/07/2018 – Horizon 2020 FET Funding for Electrochemical Energy Storage Projects.
- 23/07/2018 – IUK Launches UK-Sweden EURE.
- 20/07/2018 – WorldLabs Launches Elevating Ideas Competition for Start-ups from Anywhere in the World
- 01/10/2018 – Shell Springboard Awards – 2019 Round Open to Applications
- 22/10/2018 – Innovate UK Announces Regional Angel Investment Accelerator
- 24/10/2018 – Horizon 2020 – Fast Track to Innovation Call: 2019 Deadlines
- 16/11/2018 – Launch of Scale Up 4 Growth (S4G) Grants for West of England SMEs